Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alrighty, so adding the the list of weird things that I've eaten is: 
- baby octupus
- sea snail
- stewed sea cucumber (at least I think. They didn't know what it was called in English and I may have translated wrong..)

I've also eaten every type of seafood imaginable. Fish, lobster, crab, mussels, clam; you name it, I've probably eaten it. This weekend, I went to two really nice restauraunts- the first time to celebrate a family friend's 100 day celebration for their newborn baby, and one to celebrate my host grandmother's 80th birthday. The second of the resteraunts was by far the nicest I've ever been to, even in America. Everything was glass, crystal, marble, and mirrors; each dinner party had a private room with a private bathroom and coatroom, and each dish cost about seventy dollars. You can be sure I enjoyed my meal, it was absolutely delicious. 

I'm a little overwhelmed by how generous my host mom/sister is. Other than overwhelming me with snacks, my host mom has also bought me brand new converses among other goodies. They also take me out every single day to sightsee, shop, etc. I feel pretty at home with them by now, and I think spending the rest of the time with them will be a blast. 

As I said in my last post, I went karaoking. It was reallly fun, I wish they had karaoke places in America. Basically, It's a small room with a tv, microphones a screen (kinda like the screens at bowling alleys) for selecting songs, and a couch and table. You can order food and drinks while you're karaoking; we ordered dumplings and some other snacks. I also went to a board game parlor (also something I wish existed in America) with my friend, his host brother, and my host sister. In sum, the weekend passed incredibly fast. i had originally been worried that I might be bored, but as it was, I didn't have time to start my homework till around 11 on Sunday night because I was so occupied.. not that I'm complaining.  

No comments:

Post a Comment